Defragmentation is useful for removing fragmentation on the hard disk by organizing and sorting data on the hard disk so that it is faster to access. Defragmentation does not require additional applications, we only need Windows default tools called Defragment tools. Unfortunately, if your PC has become too slow, we recommend you to bring it to Computer Repair Pensacola.
Here are the steps to defragment the hard disk:
1. Open Windows Explorer, right-click on one of the hard disks, then select Properties.
2. Select the Tools tab and click on Optimize under the Optimize and defragment the disk.
3. Select the drive you want to defragment then click Optimize.
Besides defragmentation, you can also do a disk cleanup. In this way, we will clean the hard drive with a tool called Disk Cleanup and this method is completely safe. Disk Cleanup will clean up junk files that make your computer slow like Offline Webpages, obsolete cache, temporary files, and also thumbnails that are not important, here are the steps to do Disk Cleanup.
1. Open Windows Explorer, right-click on one of the hard disks and select Properties.
2. On the General tab, click on Disk Cleanup.
3. Wait a moment while loading. If so, check the section that you want to delete then click OK.
4. In the dialog box, you will read “Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?” You can click on Delete Files.